Story Week 11

Operation Bodyguard
It is April 1943 and Rama is crossing the Atlantic ocean aboard a liberty ship. Rama had always wanted to visit the United Kingdom, just not under these circumstances. The U.S. and allied forces knew that the Third Ravana's eyes were on them. Spies were sent over like monkeys. Every spy that was sent in was caught. Any spy that did not flip was to be tried as a spy and executed. The spies that were caught played as a double agent, delivering false information in a massive attempt to hide the impressive scale of the invasion that was yet to hit the Third Ravan and its forces. Rama after landing was placed in barracks with his fellow soldiers of the 1st Infantry division. Rama was in the dark and knew nothing of the coming invasion. Until the time came around for the big day Rama spent his day's training in tactics and maneuvering in combat. One of the greatest secret operations of World War Two be Operation Bodyguard, this consisted of creating an impressively large fake invasion point at the northern point of the United Kingdom to trick the Third Ravana. Rama assisted in moving fake tanks and fake airplanes and participated in fake infantry movements.  Rama would wake up and move tanks, march around, and then return to his barracks. He would then go with his unit to classes and learn about navigating using a compass and maps. Later he would go and participate in advanced weapons courses learning how to use almost every weapon in the U.S. and Ravana arsenal to make him the best warrior possible. Rama and the efforts of his unit moving inflatables and marching to trick the "monkies" of the Third Ravana. This went on for months constantly training and movements had come to an end and now Rama was on a train to the primary staging area. No one told Rama or his unit where they were going. They were completely in the dark. When they arrived at the primary staging area Rama and his unit received their load-outs and gear. Rama and his unit boarded a Liberty ship on the evening of June 3rd, 1944. They were told nothing, but they had an idea of what was to come, they had an idea of storming Lanka and it's towering defenses.








Authors Notes:
The above story takes elements from the Ramayana story Rama Attacks. I told the story of operation bodyguard, one of the largest deceptions of the war that continued days after the official D-Day invasion of Normandy. I highly recommend you read the story of Operation Bodyguard. Or if you find yourself with some spare time you should watch this Operation Bodyguard Documentary. Operation Bodyguard consisted of some really cool elements, unfortunately, there was just so much that took place to make Operation bodyguard a success I had to take some creative liberties. 


Bibliography:

Comments

  1. Hey David! I am really happy that I get to read your story for this week. I thought your take on Rama attacks was very entertaining and also very creative. I was familiar with the Operation Bodyguard documentary thanks to my dad so it was cool to read how you incorporated this into one of your stories. Overall, really great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David! I enjoyed reading your story this week. I found it to be interesting, and I enjoyed that you gave the Ramayana a more modern take. If you want, you could split the text into a couple of paragraphs, that way it;s a little easier to read. I've found that it's easier sometimes to concentrate on a small paragraph instead of a big block of text. That said, it's a good story, pretty well written. I enjoyed it. I particularly enjoyed the Third Ravana, because I could tell it was the Ramayana's version of the Third Reich (I hope I spelled that correctly).Great job, keep up the great work. You're almost finished with the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi David!
    I’m really not sure how I haven’t seen your blog yet this semester, but I’m super excited to read your stories. For a time, I was obsessed with WWII history! I really enjoyed reading this story and seeing how you took Rama Attacks and messed it with probably one of the most iconic days in WWII. I haven’t see or read the book/documentary you suggested, but I’m excited to add it to my list. Great job with this story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi David! I think that your concept of combining the events of the Ramayana with the historical events of World War Two created a really interesting take on the story and on history, and I think that the historical myth that you have written is really cool! Also, I can tell that you know a lot about World War Two because you use such good details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi David,
    I like that you stay true to what you love and keep the historical events together. I know that a lot of research must go into making these stories possible and I think that this really neat. I like that you made an old story an old story that we all have some familiarity with. Overall I always love your renditions of the story.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to a Pilot

Storytelling Week 3