Week 12 reading notes

Pandu Cursed and Blessed
I find it interesting that although he can not enjoy material opulences Pandu is still disinterested in sensual enjoyment. This almost sounds boring. But this also makes sense as to how he no longer enjoys his two wives. He almost reminds me of myself and my attention span. I get excited about one topic and then five minutes later I am on another topic. Pandu began to sink his time and efforts into other things and other interests. These interests included seeking out those who have strayed from the "path of righteousness". Clearly, something that in their culture is very important to them as it reflects their ancestors. A force was assembled including, infantry, horseman, elephants, and chariots. Maybe I missed something but this was the first story involving elephants... I think? Maybe there was some mention of this in the Mahabharata, but I can't remember. Overall this is an epic story of a great battle. In the end Pandu has five sons that grow up like gods.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to a Pilot

Storytelling Week 3