Storybook Favorites

Declans ascension to the throne:

https://declansascension.tumblr.com/intro2royalfamofderravar 



Picture called “Coat of arms of the Kingdom of Ireland, 1542 – 1800” was taken by Fry1989. Source: Wikimedia Commons.

The storybook for Declaws ascension to the throne really peaked my interest. I have always had a fascination of stories of individuals coming into power whether it is way back or or even in modern day. This topic is something that I have no familiarity with at all, and reading through it I picked up on a hint of a "Game of Thrones" vibe which further peaked my interest. The title lead me straight into what I was to expect which was nice. The introduction really gave me a feel for what I was to expect moving through the story book. The introduction even did something that none of the others did which was left me wanting more. As for the design of the webpage it had its unique touch, however I felt like it was lacking a bit. It had a feel of "wikipedia layout" which is fine but I felt that with this topic their was the ability to have a bit more fun with the design and I think it was just missing. Like the coat of arms from their storybook, I feel like that could have been explained better or mentioned sooner. However, the writing of the individual was fantastic. 


The Chiranjivi:

https://sites.google.com/view/thechiranjivi/introduction

The Chiranjivi was an interesting storybook. Again, I have never heard of the topic I even needed to "wikipedia" the word to grasp a bit more information and to get a proper pronunciation as my southern roots would not do justice to the word.  Reading into the introduction I was able to reach a better understanding of the story or in this case stories that would be told. I really enjoyed how the author of this storybook broke the individual "immortals" into their own sections. Essentially creating their own introduction within the introduction to present the reader with a unique experience and allowing them to catch their breath and move on to the next character in the story. The Design was fantastic and I really enjoyed the layout. Again, the writing was 10/10 and the way they chose to layout their story book was really effective and creative making the stories a bit more enticing. 



The Stories of Draupadi:
https://sites.google.com/view/thestoriesofdraupadi/introduction

And again, The Stories of Draupadi was not a topic that I was familiar with or have even ever heard of. The title lead me to believe that it was a story about a female character but even then I felt my odds of being correct on that guess were 50/50. The introduction really lead me into what the storybook was going to tell me about. The story is reminiscent of the greek epics that we briefly read and learn about in high school and sounds like it tells an empowering story! Also, a hint of Game of Thrones here reminds you a bit about Daenerys and her effort of changing the way individuals think about women. The design was well done it was very basic but it did the job they set out to do. 















Comments

  1. I agree with you about the fact taht story of Draupadi was just like game of thrones where the queen is having an affair with her own brother where the future king joffery is born and his claim to the throne is jeopardized if the truth comes out a little less scandalist but Draupadi was married to 5 men who were brother she could have been sister in law of 4 of them but since The mother Kunti wanted the brothers to be equally treated she married all five of them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Pilot

Comment Wall

Storytelling Week 3