Reading Notes; Ramayana Part A

Starting off with King Dasharatha... now I am starting to pick up on a trend that I am drawn too, there was a line right at the very beginning "there were two mighty kingdoms..." immediately making me picture "Game of Thrones" and Robin Hood. Reading further into the the story of Ramayana and the Dasharatha's Sons the detail in the writing to help convey the environment is very unique. There is a lot of flourish into the writing which I think gives it a unique flare that makes these stories what they are. As I keep reading I can not help but see Game of Thrones, I don't know why my mind keeps coming around to this theme but This is what I keep seeing when I read. I will add that sometimes the dialogue is a bit bulky and wordy. I think that is the style of the writing and what I am assuming this is a common style of epics, but thats just my two sense. The Crossing of The River reminded me of Arya fleeing after her father was killed. Living the life of peasant throughout her journeys similar to Rama and Lakshmana taking on the look of hermits in the forest. This first part of the story seems like the "everything is falling apart" stage which always a good start to a good epic story.

Ganga "Digitized Kalighat paintings from 19th century Calcutta" from Wikipedia



Bibliography:

Public Domain, King Dasharatha, PDE Ramayana: King Dasharatha
Public Domain, Dasharatha's Son, PDE Ramayana: Dasharatha's Sons
Public Domain, Crossing the River, PDE Ramayana: Crossing the River


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to a Pilot

Storytelling Week 3